Similar to this PBS blog post on 10 unkown facts about Black History, the book 10 Keys to African American History will expand your intellectual horizons.
- Anthony Johnson.
Slavery was not the initial status of blacks in North America.
2. Outcome of the American Revolution.
The founders compromised on slavery.
3. The internal slave trade.
Founders thought slavery would die out but it did not. The birth of American capitalism. Black Gold!
4. Black Americans a minority among the enslaved.
Few slaves brought to America.
5. Life on the plantation not all bad.
Slaves developed a culture.
6. Civil War not really about slavery (for whites in South) but was for blacks and Northerners (eventually)
7. Segregation did not begin until almost the 20th century. 35-years after the war.
8. King’s role in the Civil Rights Movement often overstated.
9. Civil Rights Movement happened when it did for a reason.
The Cold War.
10. Obama age.
Post-racial America is a farce.
Available on Amazon both as an ebook, for any device, or a paperback.
One of the themes of the book 10 Keys to African American History is Dr. Martin Luther, King, Jr., as a figure frozen in time. Following his death, the national narrative (NPR podcast) about his life conveniently stopped at the 1963 March on Washington.
Many people forget his radical side, such as his refusal to support the Vietnam War or his call for a Poor People`s March that was to highlight impoverishment among whites.
Take this online, 10-question quiz to see how much you know about Dr. King! https://goo.gl/forms/W1dSSFn9Cp1JqjmZ2
Also, download your free Amazon Kindle reader for your computer or mobile device! Then, be prepared to buy the book, 10 Keys to African American History, the hottest historical work on the subject!