- Anthony Johnson.
Slavery was not the initial status of blacks in North America.
2. Outcome of the American Revolution.
The founders compromised on slavery.
3. The internal slave trade.
Founders thought slavery would die out but it did not. The birth of American capitalism. Black Gold!
4. Black Americans a minority among the enslaved.
Few slaves brought to America.
5. Life on the plantation not all bad.
Slaves developed a culture.
6. Civil War not really about slavery (for whites in South) but was for blacks and Northerners (eventually)
7. Segregation did not begin until almost the 20th century. 35-years after the war.
8. King’s role in the Civil Rights Movement often overstated.
9. Civil Rights Movement happened when it did for a reason.
The Cold War.
10. Obama age.
Post-racial America is a farce.
Available on Amazon both as an ebook, for any device, or a paperback.